Friday, December 7, 2007

sneak peek of my book:



“One particular evening, with the damask sun setting into the Caribbean waters, he had me on my final lesson. He said that one only makes a good pirate if one can look dashing while steering at the enormous wheel. And like a fool I was frightened that I could make one wrong move and destroy the beautiful ship which Jack constantly bragged about. As I stood at the helm, which turned out to be heavier than I expected, I couldn’t keep my arms steady. Jack had been standing behind me, coaching me and saying things like, “this is where all the magic happens. Feel the weight and importance on your solders. Stand up straight, look more dashing!” but now he was silent. I shook as the sun was setting, it was getting colder, my fingers were freezing. With out a word he placed his hands over mine and guided them toward the horizon. I was no longer cold, yet I was still shaking.
“We carried on in silence until Jack whispered, ‘that will be enough captaining lessons today. I feel the sudden urge for rum.’ I think it was from that point on that rum became a necessity to him. To celebrate my success in my final test jack brought a bottle of rum (for himself) and we climbed up into the crows nest.
‘Jack,’ I said, ‘the stars look so bright tonight, usn’t it beautiful?’
‘That they are love. They are much better than they are usally, when one is-- alone. however, tonight, as you have wonderfully pointed out, are dazzingly beautiful. much more so than when is alone with a bottle of rum, and said shinys, savvy?’ and I replied yes, somehow I could understand him.
‘That is a wonderful dress you are wearing Katie, nigh, if I’d be the one wearing such an exquisite dress I, being the one wearing the dress, would want to take it off and pass it around so others could enjoy you... It.’

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YYYAAAYYYY for your book!!!!